Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"imagine! no religion" or "the good samaritan"

Devotional

No time for politics and religion, when families get together for more pressing and intimate issues. Love is the currency we share when counting our blessings. ‘Who’s right and who’s wrong’ doesn’t belong when comforting is the obvious immediate need. Jesus’ greatest and hardest teaching was to treat, love the least of these like family. Seek ye first the kingdom means when in all of our exchanges we seek the best and blessing of those who are indeed Jesus in disguise. The greatest virtue according to Jesus is to love God and neighbor. Our love for God is measured by our love for neighbor. We can’t fix the slums of the world, but we can treat the ‘untouchables ‘ with dignity. Each person is a child of God. The spirit connects us all. We are one. To be able to develop that sort of sympathy for the pathetic is a sign of sainthood. I may not be able to manifest that love, but Jesus does not hold that against me. He is our ideal, not our icon. Our advocate, not our judge. I may have the wrong concept of who Jesus was or what he did for me, no doubt I do, but I trust his love for me will not betray my heartfelt trust regardless of my theological bent.
‘All you need is love, because Love is God.
A simple exercise to form this mind as was in Christ is easy when you fly. We live and move and have our being in God. God as spirit permeates the universe as consciousness incarnate. We are souls with bodies and not bodies with souls; we are essentially consciousness, the spark where spirit meets matter. Our brain limits thought and captures like an antennae only part of the thought wavelength that is out there. Our brain doesn’t generate thought but focuses it like a lens. To gain this perspective, imagine looking down at yourself from above. Take the big picture if you will, like God might have. This is easy for people who have experienced near death or mystical trips. From this place, our directive comes from above, that is higher self, God. We see our bodies as what they truly are, instruments of the divine will. In flying we can actually experience this separation from the bodies, astral and physical. I am not my body. Being Oversoul becomes our sensation. Flying is always a near death experience and therefore a teachable moment when the veil between worlds is thin.
When you say your prayers next time, try this.
“God, help David to see your will.
God, help him to see your will.”
See yourself in the second and third person. We are the part of the mind behind the plot. My character is me; therefore I think I am. Love is something if you give it away. David is afraid, but I AM will enfold him and lift him up on eagle’s wings. I see my self from 30,000 feet and know I am dreaming awake. At night my body sleeps but my mind is free of flesh and ego, I am all seeing and all knowing. When I land I put on my shoes and slip back into my body, but I trail blurry visions like cosmic dust after a comet. My brain is a galaxy and my thoughts take forever, but prayers are faster than light. God is my co-pilot, God is my plane. God is the air, and God is the rain. God is the cloud, and God is the ground. God is the lightning, and God is the wing. God is the stewardess, God is the sun. God is the runway, God is One.

1 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Blogger christy said...

i especially like this one, david.
it's a good mix to go from 'we are all one' to 'god is my co-pilot'.
we come up to a fine line between having god 'in there' as opposed to
'putting god outside of ourselves' (on that pedestal). some may think that they are always in their 'godhood' and don't realize that their ego is speaking. and also there are those that think of god as 'out there somewhere' and fail to pull a resource out of themselves that they need. actually, it's more like SOMETIMES WE DO BOTH. i am working on seeing that line dissolve through self observation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home